Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tamale..... once again

Lately I have been going to Tamale a lot. I went about a month ago with some of the volunteers for a girls day and we had a lot of fun, until Angela and my debit cards got stuck in the ATM machine. We went on a Saturday so the bank was not open and we could not get our cards until the bank opened on Monday. On Monday we left at 4 in the morning and dropped off some people at the airport, we did some other stuff and got our cards and went home. The following Sunday I left with Dr. Dickens and the kids for Accra and we went through Tamale, and then the next Sunday on the way home we once again went through Tamale. I needed to get my Visa extended and you have to do that in Tamale, so the next day on Monday I went with the hospital driver to pick up Hollie and Annaleigh and to go to immigration to get my visa extended. We did all the paper work and took more passport photos and they said ok you can come back on Friday at 2 pm and pick it up. Once again on Friday I woke up bright and early, well dark and early really and left at 4 am we dropped off one of the volunteers at the airport and then dropped off Carolyn at Peace Corp she has finished her term and is returning home. We went by immigration just to see if maybe it was ready and to remind them that we needed to pick it up and the guy said they come in at 9 am. We went by the bank and did some shopping and went back by and gave them the receipt and got my passport. Hopefully now I will not have to go back to Tamale for awhile, it is fun to go every once in awhile but not if you are going twice a week. It is a 2 ½ hour drive and about 30 minutes of it is on a VERY bumpy road. That is my tale of all my Tamale travels.

1 comment:

  1. your credit card was in a machine all of the weekend??? Yikes! I bet that was a bit nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete