Saturday, December 12, 2009

Home

As most of you know, I am now home. I arrived in San Angelo early Thursday morning. My family and some close friends met me at the airport, and I got to see Miss Amy Grace for the first time, she is so cute. We got my luggage and went to the office. I changed clothes and we went shopping for a little bit before eating lunch at Old Time. After lunch I went with Jenny and Patty to the House of Faith Christmas party where I got to see everyone from House of Faith and all my Fort Concho kids!!!

Here are some posts that I wrote while traveling home that I have not posted yet.

Leg 2

I completed leg 2 of my journey a little while ago. I got to the Accra airport about 8:30. Jimmy helped me get all my stuff through customs and my bags checked and everything. I went through waited in the waiting room at about 9:45 they called us to the gate, we went through and sat in another waiting room until about 11:30 when they started boarding. We were about 10 or 15 minutes behind our scheduled departure time but it was not to bad. The flight was six and a half hours long and other than being long it was pretty uneventful. Once we arrived at the London Heathrow airport I somehow got very confused and ended up in the wrong terminal. The security personal helped me get straightened out though. I must have looked very confused because one of the older security guys called me lovey and lass and found out for me where I was supposed to be and told me exactly how to get there, it was very sweet. I finally got to the right terminal which ended up being the one that I had started out in. I went through customs and spent a little bit of time walking around the airport looking at the shops before I had to go to my gate. As I type this I am flying over the Atlantic Ocean on my way home to TEXAS!!!!! and SAN ANGELO!!!!! WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Leg 3

Leg 3 is not completed. I arrived in DFW at 3:30, after departing the plane I had to go through immigration, go get my luggage, go through customs, and then I had to recheck my bags and go through security again. It was a very long process and I am glad to have it behind me. Since we departed London at 10:45 we had daylight the whole trip, but being at about 36000 feet the whole time you could not see much because of the clouds. We flew over the Atlantic Ocean and quite a bit of Canada. We came down and flew over Chicago and went pretty straight south from Chicago. Even though we were in the air I could tell when we were finally in Texas, the sky was so beautiful and blue. I had not seen anything like that in a very long time. As I was riding the sky tram around the terminals I got to watch one of the most beautiful sunsets that I had seen unfold before my eyes, it was wonderful. I can not find Internet close to my gate at DFW but I am writing this post down while waiting on my flight to SJT. I can not wait to get started on the 4 and last leg of my journey (unless you count the trip home) and get to see my family!!!!

My flight from DFW to San Angelo (SJT) got canceled and I had to spend the night in a hotel in Dallas and then go back to the airport very early in the morning. I arrived home safe and sound though and am really enjoying being home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment