The next morning at 5:00 in the morning we left the guest house and went back to the airport. The Dickens were not able to meet me in Accra so Jimmy had booked me a flight to Tamale where I was going to meet the Dickens. We got to the airport and checked in and I waited for a little bit before going through security. After going through security we sat and waited. When the plane was ready we walked outside and and boarded the plane. When they were serving refreshments they asked what kind of juice I wanted and gave me some choices. The stewardess then handed me a little bag with a juice box and a bottle of water, she then asked if I wanted a chicken or tuna sandwich LOL that kind of surprised me. I had not been able to sleep much the night before and slept all the way to Tamale even through the landing which I love to watch. I arrived in Tamale and once again they had the steps outside and we walked into the terminal. The little building I believe was just for arriving flights because it had restrooms and the baggage thing and that was pretty much it no seating or check in counters. I got my luggage and a guy helped me take it outside where I waited for the Dickens. When they got there we loaded my stuff and went to Tamale. In Tamale we did some shopping since you can get more stuff there. I took some pictures of funny things that you can get at one of the stores there. We went to several different stores and when we were finished ordered some pizza and went to a missionary family's house that the Dickens know to eat. We ate lunch and then left to go home. It was about a 3 hour trip home and I slept most of the way. We stopped and got some gas and then turned on to a dirt road that was VERY bumpy. We finally arrived and went to the Dickens. We unloaded and I got to see the kids and get settled some before we left for the station meeting which is where the missionary's get together at one of the houses and have a church service. We went a little bit early and ate with some of the other missionaries. After station meeting we came back to the house it was about 9:00 and I got ready for bed and crashed. I woke up at 8:00 Texas time which was 1:00 Africa time LOL so I got dressed and ate some breakfast and started getting settled and unpacking some stuff. All the kids are getting so big, and Annaleigh is so cute. I miss you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment