Monday, September 21, 2009

A Week

This is a little early but I wanted to do it while I had time. I have now been gone a week. I am really enjoying it here. I have had a lot of fun with the Dickens and have been able to hold Annaleigh a lot, which is very cool. I arrived in the mission on Thursday after flying almost all day Tuesday and Wednesday. We had what they call station meeting on Thursday evening which is where all the missionaries get together and have a church service, it was very fun. I had to fight to stay awake during station meeting because of the jet lag and as soon as we got home I went to sleep. I slept until 1:00 Ghana time or 8:00 Texas time lol. I was very tired. Friday I unpacked some and just kind of hung around the house adjusting and getting recuperated. I went to bed pretty early and on Saturday got up around 10:00 we ate breakfast and left the house around 12:00 for the big party that the Ghanaians were giving for the Fails. George Fail is the son of the man that started the Baptist Mission Clinic. George has been working at the clinic for a long time and has married and had kids while working here. It is now time for their family to move on and they are moving to the States. Everyone down here really loves them and the Ghanaians put on a very big party with lots of speakers and dancing for them. We stayed at the party for awhile and about 2:00 we headed back to the house to eat lunch and put Abigail down for a nap. I stayed with the kids while Hollie went back to the party with Joel. After the party we ate supper and went down to the school house for a little bit to get on the internet. We came back to the house and I went right to bed. On Sunday we went to the First Baptist Church where they were having a special service for the Fails. The Church services in Nalerigu are very long so since we had Abigail and Annaleigh with us we did not stay for the whole time. After church we ate a quick lunch and started getting stuff ready for the party that the missionaries were putting on for the Fails. The party was a lot of fun. I was not privileged to know the Fails that well since I have only been here a short time but getting to here everyone talk about them, I know that they were really great people. We had a very good supper and lots of great visiting afterwards. Monday was a Ghanaian holiday so we did not have clinic ( clinic days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) but a lot of people still came. I have enjoyed my first week that I have been gone and can't wait to be in the hospital more and stuff and see how everything really works. Also the Aggies won the game on Saturday so that always makes the week much better. LOL. I did not get to see the game but I did find out that we won!!! Whoop!!!!! Go Aggies!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment