Friday, September 25, 2009

New Things

Well this week has been a lot of fun, and I have learned and done a lot of new things. I have not fainted any more. I have seen another c section and a hernia. Today was a clinic day and I was in a room with Doctor Dickens and one of the med students, we had a lot of people come in with malaria which is very common around here, I now know the symptoms very well. Doctor Dickens had left to go do some ultra sounds and I stayed with the med student, we had a patient come in who was 4 months pregnant. The med student wanted to check the babies heart beat and asked me if I had ever done it before, I said no and he explained how to do it and then let me try. I found the babies heart beat pretty easily, it was very fun. I have been having a lot of fun learning and getting to see so much new stuff, it has kept me very busy. I can't wait to see what the weekend and next week hold for me!!

5 comments:

  1. Way cool, although, we knew you could do that. Remember when Carole left her doppler after the first time I thought I was in labor and you and Jenny checked the boys 3 times a day. Love you, have a great weekend. Pics???

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. Sounds intense! I'd probably black out if I was doing anything like that! lol

    Do you mind if I link to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We checked them all by our selves?? I don't remember that, I remember her leaving the doppler but not checking them. Jared I do not mind at all if you link to my blog, feel free.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you and Jenny checked heart beat about 3 times every day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! What cool stuff you're getting to see. Invaluable experiences.

    ReplyDelete