Friday, September 18, 2009

In Ghana

I am finally at the Dickens, I started a post while I was waiting in London that I am going to finish. I am now in the London Airport waiting on my flight. I had a really good flight over here but it was very very long. The flight took about 9 hours and most of that was during the night which made it seem even longer since you could not look out the window and see the ground going by or anything else. On the back of all the seats there was a TV screen and you had a lot of different choices of what to watch as well as some music and a map of our journey with speed and time left and stuff like that. They served us supper and breakfast, I took a picture of supper because it was set so cute. I arrived in London at 8:30 in the morning which was 2:30 Texas time. We landed and they had a set of stairs for us to get off the airplane on, we then had to ride a bus the the A terminal. We arrived at the A terminal and went through customs. After going to customs I got some coffee and walked around. At the DFW airport they have a lot of different shops mainly tourist shops with Texas shirts and stuff in them. At the London airport they have a lot of designer type shops which were a lot of fun to look at. My plane departed at 1:55 so I had a while to wait, I looked around and ate lunch I walked around some but not to much because me carry on's were so heave I told someone that so far the only thing I have forgotten is the kitchen sink LOL. I did find free internet and so I got on and posted and stuff. I went to my gate to wait and noticed that most of the people waiting to get on the flight were black. We all got on the plane, the one from Texas to London was a 777 and the one from London to Accra was a 767 so they were set up a lot alike. They served us supper and a little bit before we arrived they served us a snack. We arrived at 8:40 and once again they had the stairs for us to get off the plane. We walked into the terminal and had to go through Ghana immigration after that I got my luggage and met Jimmy the guy who was going to meet me and take me to the guest house where I spent the night.
I don't know why the pictures are not working right now, I will post them later.

1 comment:

  1. Annie,
    I love it! I haven't been able to get onto your family blog, but have only been following it through google reader, so I didn't know you had your own blog. So cool. You can be sure I will be looking forward to every update. Much love.

    ReplyDelete