Yesterday was a very fun day. I had not really been to the hospital yet because the Dickens wanted to me get settled and aclamated some before I started going and observing. Tuesday night we talked about it some and decided that I was ready to start going. Wednesday morning I headed out with Doctor Dickens to watch and observe. We started by doing rounds in the wards. The wards are where all the patients that have been seen but need to stay in the hospital for some reason are, some are scheduled for surgery the next day, some have already had surgery but need to heal a little before going home and some are hurt really bad and need to be watched, or they might need skin grafts or something like that. When we finished our rounds we went down to the theatre where all the patients go if they need a ultra sound, small procedure, operation, or surgery. There was a girl about 12 or 13 who had some infection in her wound that needed cleaning that came into the theatre so we went into one of the room and Doctor Dickens was going to clean it. The nurses were getting everything prepped for the procedure, Doctor Dickens had gone to do something and I was standing in the room that we were going to do the procedure in with one of the med students that is down here helping. We were watching them get everything ready, they tried to put a IV in the girl but could not find a vein. The girl started crying and would scream every time they would poke her to put the IV in, it was a little warm in the room and I started getting a little light headed, I leaned against a counter and thought it would pass but the next thing I knew I was on the floor with the med student holding my head asking if I was ok LOL. James, the med student told me to lay on the floor for a little bit which I did and then he and one of the other Doctors helped me up and to a chair in the little office they have down there. I rested for a little while and was good to go. I have never in my life that I can remember fainted before so that was a very new experience for me lol. After Doctor Dickens was finished I went to clinic with him and watched him for a awhile. Another Doctor was doing a c section and Doctor Dickens asked me if I wanted to watch and I did so he told me where to go to get scrubs and stuff and what to do if I started getting lightheaded. I scrubbed up and went into the surgery room, the Doctor who was doing the c section was a volunteer and asked me to video him for awhile because he had taken some of other people but did not have any of him yet. I went in and videod and watched the whole thing and did not faint!!! After the c section we did some other little stuff and took a break for lunch. After lunch I went back down to the theatre where they were doing another surgery, I scrubbed up and watched, this one they were removing a mass on a ladies overy. The surgery went very good and I stayed down in the theatre and watched. We did some ultra sounds and some other stuff. After the initial fainting episode I had a lot of fun. I went to the hospital again today and watched some more surgeries. I am having a lot of fun and really like being at the hospital.
Oh!!! you fainted!!! drink lots of water. Sounds like a very eventful day. Wow!!! Blessings on you, We love you bunches!!!
ReplyDeletelol so i told michael today at hof that u fainted and he goes "what a wus" lol luv ya girl this is jenny btw
ReplyDeleteSuuure, fainted. I'll bet you were just trying to get the intern to catch you. I mean, we all know how you throw yourself at men. J/K, I don't think I would like fainting. Glad you didn't hit your head or anything, and that you are having fun.
ReplyDeleteWell really I am just assuming that he caught me I don't really know lol but I don't have a bruise or anything like I hit the floor or something else on the way down and he was there when I came to so I am thinking that he caught me I don't really know :)
ReplyDelete