Last week I had some very interesting experiences. Lately in the mornings when I have been watching Abigail I have also been doing some cooking. This past week I had a very interesting cooking experience. I was making biscuits; everything was going very good, the biscuits looked beautiful, they fit in the pan almost perfectly. I slid them in the oven and looked at the clock, I made a mental note to watch the clock and check them in 10 minutes or so and turned around to start cleaning up. I cleaned up and then read a book to Abigail and went to go check on the biscuits. They were coming along pretty good but did not look near as done as they should, I turned up the temp some and as I was doing that Baby the Dickens worker came in and said that she thought there was something wrong with the oven. We listened and would hear the gas turn on for about 30 seconds and then turn off about 1 minute later it would do the same thing. Baby explained that when the gas tank was empty or almost empty it would do that some times. The oven was still pretty hot so I left the biscuits in to see if they could maybe finish cooking before the gas completely ran out. I left them in there for over an hour and they were still not completely cooked. I took the smaller pan out and took the biscuits out and put them in the toaster for a couple of minutes to see if maybe they could finish that way
LOL. They cooked some but mainly just got darker. I finally after about an hour and a half gave up on the oven and took the big pan of biscuits out. They were still a little undercooked but thankfully they were cooked enough that we could eat them. They ended up tasting really good even if they did cook for an hour and a half and still were not done
lol. That is just one of the joys of cooking in Africa. : )
haha! the joys of living in a third world country!
ReplyDelete