Thursday, October 8, 2009

A new week

The past two days I have again been in peads. On Monday peads was very busy, we once again made a new record by seeing 190 patients. Today was not near as busy as we only saw 88 kids which was very nice to not have a really busy day. I am starting to get more settled and am starting to get in to more of a routine every week. When I started thinking about coming down here my plan was to watch and observe in the hospital, help the Dickens, and possible do some kind ministry with kids. The first couple of days after I got here I spent getting settled and adjusting to the time difference and culture shock. After a several days I started going to the hospital and observing, this week I have started helping Hollie some also. In the mornings I got to the hospital for rounds and watch Dr. Dickens. After rounds I go to peads and help them until the break at 9:30. At 9:30 I go to the house and keep Abigail entertained until lunch time while Hollie does school with Colt. I eat lunch and then about 1:30 head to the hospital and help with peads until we are finished seeing patients. I am still thinking and praying about some sort of ministry, there is not one here that I could just jump in and help with so I would have to start it if I did one, because of that I am really praying about exactly what God wants me to do, and how he wants me to do it. It is hard because of the language barrier I can not just go talk to people, or go get something started, to do that I would have to have someone that would be able to interprete for me. I am thinking and praying about it though and know that if God wants me to do something he will work it all out for me I just have to trust and believe completely in him, so easy to say yet hard to do.

1 comment:

  1. Annie, I know He will lead you and guide you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. I trust God will show you how He wants you to minister to the Ghanian people. Have a blessed day, we love you so much.
    Hey, does the clinic see this many children normally or is there a reason you have been so busy in the peads unit?

    ReplyDelete