Wow it is hard to believe that I have been in Africa for one month already. In some ways I feel like it has flown by and in others it seems like it has taken forever LOL. I have really enjoyed my time here so far but I am also starting to missing home. I have gotten to see and do a lot of things this first months. I have also worked with a lot of really cool people. We have a lot of med students here right now, some in med school and some in residence. I have been able to work with most of them some and it is really cool to see how each one does things a little differently. I have really enjoyed being able to help and observe in the hospital and am starting to learn some mampruli. Most of the words that I have learned so far are medical though and would not really help if I was just talking to someone lol. It is so interesting to see how different the culture is from home that has been a great learning experience so far and I know that I have only just started. Here there are not many stores, and the ones that they do have most of them are just little shacks on the side of the street. There are a lot of things that you can not get in town ( Nalerigu) and so when you need to travel or go to a bigger town for something you always go shopping and stock up on stuff. It is funny though some of the things you miss are just totally random. One thing I really miss is the openness of West Texas, I miss being able to see for miles around. Here there are lots of hills everywhere and the trees grow so tall it is much harder to see things that are farther away. I also miss country folk, it hit me the other day I just miss seeing cowboys and farmers and Texans walking around everywhere, they just have this air about them and this walk lol and I really miss seeing it everywhere lol. I of course miss my family and friends to, it does make me laugh some times the weird things that I miss. Over all though I have really enjoyed it and have not been homesick to much or anything. It has been a good month so far and I look forward to the ones ahead. : )
Have you been online lately?!?! I've been checking every day to see if you knew that Kimber is here yet!
ReplyDeleteLove ya and miss ya!
LOL I did know that Kimber was here I got on the day she was born. I could have sworn that I commented about it on your blog but maybe not. She is so adorable I can not wait to meet her!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!!!!